innocent+twisted Alchemy

Saturday, December 29, 2012

12.29.12 - Dayquil & Nyquil have been my best friends

It wasn't as busy as we thought it was going to be on Christmas Eve. I had the closing shift and it was deathly slow. All the managers were working and they practically kicked us out even when we didn't really finish our closing duties. They just wanted to get home to their families. I tried getting some of the cashiers to pull out earlier but the other closing supervisor (he's an IDIOT and lazy as hell!) said NO. :/ Well, because of him we were late! I ended up going outside (for some of our closing duties) and that's probably why my flu is still here!

My family doesn't celebrate Christmas. I woke up at my usual time (on days off) and my parents said that we were going to eat dim sum with my aunt. We were going to invite their whole family, but my uncle already went out to go fishing and my cousin had to work (he works at the airport). So it was just my parents, me, and my aunt.

We went to Hong Kong Islander which is the newest dim sum place. My neighbors work there and the owners are friends of my parents. The owners own 2 other dim sum places in the city, but for some reason my dad really likes this place. (It's not that much closer to where we live :P) OMG it was busy! We had a 45 minute wait! My mom told my dad we should go to one of the other places but my dad said no and he really wanted to eat there.

I couldn't taste anything >__>; which is quite sad because we tried new things and I have no idea if they were good or bad. After dim sum, we headed home. Mostly because I was dying (not really) and needed to go pass out. Which is what I did, before I did, I helped them set up the TV and laptop (my parents stream Chinese shows and I had to hook up the TV and their laptop so they could watch). 

Yep, that was what my Christmas was like.

Wednesday morning, the parents left and I was feeling like crap again. Went to work and I could not think straight. It wasn't slow and it wasn't busy but it was steady. Plus, we had almost everyone working. All the supervisors were working. And I was in charge of the department. Not good. My brain was foggy and I couldn't think straight. I couldn't hear well -_-; My manager took one look at me and said "Omg, go home! You're sick!" Lol! When it was my lunch time, I went home -_-; and passed out.

Thursday, I had opening shift. I was still pretty meh -_-; I took some Nyquil the night before and I really don't like taking it because I don't like feeling groggy. (Why I normally take Dayquil) For some reason I felt a lot better Thursday. So I stayed the whole day. 

Yesterday (Friday), omg -_-; I don't know what happened. It was like I got a round of the whole thing all over again! Because I felt like shit :( I called in and let my manager know. He understood, so that's good. I spent most of the day in bed. X_x; Yay me! 

Today, I have to go to work (closing shift). I'm still hacking up a lung -_-; and still congested like a mofo! It's been over a week since I got sick. :( This thing needs to go away as next week, I'll be on vacation. (Not much of one, just trying to use up my days) I'm so tired...I just want to sleep :(

No comments:

Post a Comment